Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I wish I was this lucky....

I had to talk about this since I'm such a Civil War buff....

A farmer in Pennsylvania found a Civil War medal while tilling a turnip field. The medal, valued at about $1000, apparently belonged to a soldier who lived in the area. The farmer gave it to his mother, who in turn wanted to turn it in to the wife of the soldier's grandson, who died a few years ago. So far, the woman hasn't been able to attend the church she and the farmer's mother attend, so the current plans are to donate it to a local veterans' museum.

I'm not sure what I would do if I was in such a situation. I would probably try to donate it to some museum or another where all could see it, but the thought of having it reurned to its rightful owners is too much to resist.

Like I said, it's just too bad I can't turn up stuff like this when I'm gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment